Re: real and effective user ids must match

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: real and effective user ids must match
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 02:26:11PM +0800, Liustech wrote:
>> My postgres can not start up,  I get this error message:
>>
>> postmaster successfully started
>> /usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user ids must match

> How are you starting the postmaster?  The error suggests that the
> postmaster or the program that runs the postmaster is setuid.

Another possibility is that he's doing

    su postgres -c "postmaster ..."

where it should be

    su - postgres -c "postmaster ..."

I'm not certain this would produce exactly the described failure,
but it's something to check.

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: create user access only to specific tables