Re: Forcing index scan on query produces 16x faster

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Forcing index scan on query produces 16x faster
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christian Brink <cbrink@r-stream.com> writes:
> Is there a way to rewrite or hint the planner to get me the better plan
> without resorting to 'enable_seqscan' manipulation (or am I missing
> something)?

I think your problem is here:

>   PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on i386-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC
> i386-redhat-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 20050505 (Red Hat 4.0.0-4)

Recent versions are significantly smarter about grouping operations
than that dinosaur.

(Even if you must stay on 8.0.x, you should at least be running
8.0.something-recent; what you have is full of security and data-loss
risks.  8.0.24 was released this week.)