Re: Index bloat? Try pgindexrebuild, a production friendly index debloater

От Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Тема Re: Index bloat? Try pgindexrebuild, a production friendly index debloater
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am 06.09.2016 um 09:16 schrieb Rory McCann:
> Hello all,

Hi Rory,

> If you use/update a PostgreSQL server for a long time,
> one problem you may come across is index bloat. Your database will grow
> in size on your disk, your indexes getting larger on disk. It's no fun
> when your database fills up the disk and won't start anymore. I've had
> this problem when using Nominatim, an open source address geocoder for
> OpenStreetMap/
>
> There are several solutions to this, but I wanted a way to fix index
> bloat while still being able to use the database as a production
> database, so I wrote pgindexrebuild:
>
>     https://github.com/rory/pgindexrebuild

Sounds promising.
You might want to post that to -announce as well?

Cheers,
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
RHCE/SCLA

Mobil +49 172 8853339
Email: gunnar.bluth@pro-open.de
In 1984 mainstream users were choosing VMS over UNIX.
Ten years later they are choosing Windows over UNIX.
What part of that message aren't you getting? - Tom Payne

Вложения