Re: New server setup

От Niels Kristian Schjødt
Тема Re: New server setup
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks, that was actually what I just ended up doing yesterday. Any suggestion how to tune pgbouncer?

BTW, I have just bumped into an issue that caused me to disable pgbouncer again actually. My web application is
queryingthe database with a per request based SEARCH_PATH. This is because I use schemas to provide country based
separationof my data (e.g. english, german, danish data in different schemas). I have pgbouncer setup to have a
transactionalbehavior (pool_mode = transaction) - however some of my colleagues complained that it sometimes didn't
returndata from the right schema set in the SEARCH_PATH - you wouldn't by chance have any idea what is going wrong
wouldn'tyou?

#################### pgbouncer.ini
[databases]
production =

[pgbouncer]

logfile = /var/log/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.log
pidfile = /var/run/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.pid
listen_addr = localhost
listen_port = 6432
unix_socket_dir = /var/run/postgresql
auth_type = md5