Re: pg_dump fails..does not like "text" data..

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump fails..does not like "text" data..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Peter Kelly" <pkelly@ETS.NET> writes:
> - I have tried pg_dump -d and pg_dump -D -- both with errors.
> - I am running PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on Linux RedHat 7.0 (with all updates)

Leave out both -d and -D.

If you really want to use those formats, you'll need to get a more
recent pg_dump --- I think 7.2 is the first version that doesn't try to
buffer the whole table on the client side when -d or -D is used.
Basically your problem is that pg_dump is running out of memory.
(It might be that increasing pg_dump's ulimit or available swap space
would make it possible to complete the dump, but on the whole I think
you're best off with a COPY-style dump anyway for that much data.)