Cached Memory increasing up and drop the caches through sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

От AL-Temimi, Muthana
Тема Cached Memory increasing up and drop the caches through sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
Дата
Re: Cached Memory increasing up and drop the caches through sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
Список pgsql-admin

Hello there,

is there any problem if I use the following command: “sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches”  to release the cached memory on linux server.

Because I have a problem with cached memory on the linux Server beacaue there are increasing in cached memory till swap. Therefore I’m looking for workaround job works daily night to release the cached memory.

But if I used it will be there a lost in information. I used the sync before drop the caches.

Any help will be gratefull

Muthana AL-Temimi

M.Sc. Informations- und Kommunikations-Systeme

Technische Universitaet Hamburg Harburg

-Rechenzentrum-

Am Schwarzenberg-Campus 3

D-21073 Hamburg