Re: Postgres low end processing.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres low end processing.
Дата
Re: Postgres low end processing.
Список pgsql-performance
Stef <svb@ucs.co.za> writes:
> I've been trying to find out if some guidelines
> exist, somewhere, describing how postgres
> can possibly run on less than 8MB of RAM.

Are you sure you want Postgres, and not something smaller?  BDB,
or SQL Lite, for example?

"Postgres is bloatware by design: it was built to house PhD theses."
-- J. Hellerstein (who ought to know)

But having said that ... given virtual memory and cramped configuration
settings, Postgres would certainly run in an 8M machine.  Maybe "crawl"
would be a more applicable verb than "run", but you could execute it.