Re: Install problems for postgresql-8.4.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Install problems for postgresql-8.4.1
Дата
Re: Install problems for postgresql-8.4.1  (Don Fox <donfox1@mac.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
Don Fox <donfox1@mac.com> writes:
> I have done a find from root and can't locate libpg.so!
> Does someone know where it's supposed to reside?

On a Mac it's actually going to be .dylib --- sorry about saying .so.
You should have something like

-rwxr-xr-x   1 tgl  admin  166520 Oct  2 23:51 libpq.5.3.dylib*
lrwxr-xr-x   1 tgl  admin      15 Oct  2 23:51 libpq.5.dylib@ -> libpq.5.3.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x   1 tgl  admin      15 Oct  2 23:51 libpq.dylib@ -> libpq.5.3.dylib

where the numbers will vary depending on which PG release we're
talking about.