Re: real and effective user ids must match

От david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo
Тема Re: real and effective user ids must match
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

Thanks, I will try to upgrade new viersion, the ouput of <su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p
/usr/bin/postmasterstart> is
<
postmaster successfully started
/usr/bin/postmaster: real and effective user ids must match

the problem start after I restart the postgres service, there are nothing change in postmaster since last time.

Best,
David

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:49:42AM +0800, david.lao@sharpasia.com.mo wrote:
> I am running postgresql 7.2.2-1.

If you're going to run 7.2 then you should run the latest version,
7.2.8, because earlier versions have serious data-loss bugs.  But
since 7.2 is no longer supported, I'd recommend upgrading to a
modern version like 8.1.4 as soon as possible.

As for getting the postmaster running, what's the output of the su
command that I've requested a couple of times?  When did this problem
start?  What has changed since the last time the postmaster started
successfully?

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match
Сообщение: Re: real and effective user ids must match