Re: Pgstat.tmp file activity

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pgstat.tmp file activity
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Dan Austin" <DAustin@au.westfield.com> writes:
> Solaris 10 has a tool called dtrace which reveals that pid #687 (a
> postgres backend) is doing a LOT of writing to a single file (iosnoop.d
> for you dtrace hackers):

>   UID   PID D    BLOCK   SIZE       COMM PATHNAME
>   103   687 W   120384  98304   postgres
> /export/data/pgsql/data/global/pgstat.tmp.687

Hmm.  That's the stats collector creating a new current-stats file,
which it does every half second or so.  You might think about disabling
stats collection if you don't have a need for it.  But I'm having a hard
time believing that that's the main cause of your bottleneck.  The
backends aren't supposed to block waiting for the stats collector ...