Re: shm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: shm
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> writes:
>> On Mar 5, 2020, at 7:51 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We still allocate a small shm block as a means of counting live backends
>> (since the SysV spec includes an "nattch" count but mmap'd segments do
>> not provide that info).  Should only be ~50 bytes though.

> I recreated the error so I could post it here:
> ERROR 53100 (disk_full) could not resize shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.935653392" to 1048576 bytes: No space
lefton device

Oh, if it's trying to resize then this is dynamic shared memory, not
the small static block.  On most platforms we use POSIX shm_open() for
that purpose, not SysV-style shm ... what have you got
dynamic_shared_memory_type set to?

It could be that the space limit applies to both APIs anyway, in which
case your choices are to raise the limit or disable parallel query.