shutdown procedure warm standby

От Syed Khan
Тема shutdown procedure warm standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

We have a warm standby configuration, what would be a graceful way of shutting down the warm – recovering database on windows for maintenance such as patching.

We do it this way…

1.       PG_CTL  STOP –m FAST but this results in getting this message  in the pg_logs once the system and database are back up and running in recovery mode.

2011-05-17 17:37:50 PDTHINT:  If this has occurred more than once some data might be corrupted and you might need to choose an earlier recovery target.

Does that mean our data has been corrupted ? I have tested and opened the database but don’t see any corruption.

If we use PG_CTL STOP the recovery doesn’t stop at all.

Please let us know if the above message can be ignored or if we are not shutting the warm database properly. Thanks!

Regards,

Syed # 2852