Re: [HACKERS] bug or change in functionality in 7.2?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] bug or change in functionality in 7.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> writes:
> select period_start + interval('1 hour') from periods;
> This worked in 7.1, but in 7.2 I am getting the following error:
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"

"interval" is a more reserved word than it used to be ("timestamp"
is too).  This is because interval(n) is now a type name, not a
function name, because we now support SQL92's notion of precision
specs for intervals and timestamps.  That means using "interval"
as an unquoted function name doesn't work anymore.

I concur with Christopher's recommendation: use the syntax
    interval '1 hour'
Other possibilities are
    cast('1 hour' as interval)
    "interval"('1 hour')
    '1 hour'::interval
The last two are Postgres-isms, the first two are SQL92 standard
notations that we'll try not to break in future.