Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3

От Chris Hedemark
Тема Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 12:33 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> You're not going to be able to determine this for certain, but at
> least you
> should be able to debunk some myths.  Here's my suggested tests:
[snip]

Being a mere sysadmin, it is creation of the test cases (perl script,
maybe?) that I'll have to ask someone else with more of a development
bent to help with.  My talent is more along the lines of system
administration.  Plus I am willing to take the time to go through these
tests over & over with a different OS or different tuning parameters on
the same OS, different FS's, etc.  Someone else needs to come up with
the test code.  The client machine has pgsql on it also if the results
are going into a db that won't go away after every test. :)

--

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of

Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3
Сообщение: Re: ext3 filesystem / linux 7.3