Re: Delete query takes exorbitant amount of time

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Delete query takes exorbitant amount of time
Дата
Re: Delete query takes exorbitant amount of time
Список pgsql-performance
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> If there were some way to pass a "limit" into SPI_prepare that was treated
> similarly to a LIMIT clause for planning purposes but didn't actually
> change the output plan to only return that number of rows, we could use
> that.

Hmm ... the planner does have the ability to do that sort of thing (we
use it for cursors).  SPI_prepare doesn't expose the capability.
Perhaps adding a SPI_prepare variant that does expose it would be the
quickest route to a solution.

I get a headache every time I look at the RI triggers ;-).  Do they
always know at the time of preparing a plan which way it will be used?