RFC: Removal of Revision Control

От Dave Page
Тема RFC: Removal of Revision Control
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
I am in the process of making *major* changes to the pgAdmin code to
support Schemas in the upcoming PostgreSQL 7.3 release.

I would like to remove the Revision Control feature from pgAdmin 1.3 for
the following reasons:

1) It is difficult to maintain. Removing the code will make Schema
implementation significantly easier.

2) It is of limited use (for example, rolling back a table will lose its
data, rolling back other objects like functions or views may break
functions, views, triggers, indexes etc that are dependant on that
object).

3) It isn't particuarly reliable. RC Status is often reported
incorrectly.

4) I suspect few, if any users actually make use of the feature
(including myself!).

Does anyone have any objections or comments?

Regards, Dave.