Re: tiny fix needed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tiny fix needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm. Well, it turns out that pg_vfprintf is declared static in our
> snprintf.c. The only place vfprintf is used in the backend is in elog.c,
> although it is used in a variety of frontend programs, so it looks like
> this needs to be fixed properly.

> Is there any reason we shouldn't treat vfprintf the same as other
> members of the printf family?

It certainly seems odd that we don't.  I suppose that at some point
someone thought that vfprintf wasn't used anywhere --- but obviously
it is now, so I'd vote for changing it.  Given that we do have working
(because used by other entry points) pg_vfprintf, I'd argue that this
is a trivial fix and OK to do after RC1.

Сообщение: Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] RC1 blocker issues