Re: questions about disk configurations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: questions about disk configurations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> I'm going to try this under linux using mount points, but I need to shuffle
> hardware first.

> This is the only way I've done it.   I'm not sure what the Mac problem is.

It sounds like OS X fails to optimize repeated lookups of the same
symlink.  I haven't tried to do any performance measurement of this
myself, but if true a gripe to Apple would be in order.  Most of the
designs I've seen for clean tablespace handling will depend on symlinks
much more than we do today, so a performance penalty for symlinks will
*really* hurt further down the road.

Сообщение: Re: questions about disk configurations
Сообщение: Re: questions about disk configurations