Re: Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Robert Boone <robert@rlb3.com> writes:
> I get:
>         createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not load
> library "/usr/lib/pgsql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

You have to read the message carefully: plperl.so is trying to invoke
libperl.so, and that file is the one that's not being found.

This suggests to me that your Perl installation isn't quite the same as
the one the RPM was built against.  Try
    readelf -d /usr/lib/pgsql/plperl.so
and see if there's an RPATH entry.  On my plperl.so I see
 0x0000000f (RPATH)                      Library rpath: [/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE]
and indeed I have /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so
so everything works.  But with all those version numbers buried in the
path, a slightly different Perl vintage would make it break.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pl/perl in postgresql 8.0rc1