Re: Improve documentation about include_dir parameter.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Improve documentation about include_dir parameter.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Apr  9, 2019 at 10:23:37AM -0300, Emanuel Araújo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I choose conf files instead of postgresql.conf I needed uncomment
> "include_dir" parameter in postgresql.conf to work fine.  It is a exception
> over defaults parameters in postgresql.conf.
>
> Documentation don't explain that.
>
> How can submit improve patch in documentation about that.

I see your point.  In every other case, when you see a setting and value
in postgresql.conf, the value is the _default_.  However in this case:

    #include_dir = 'conf.d'

'conf.d' is not the default, and you have to remove the comment to use
'conf.d' as a configuration directory.

This is not mentioned in the docs.  However, I think the problem is not
the docs, but rather postgresql.conf.sample.  The attached patch fixes
this, and I assume it should be backpatched, based on previous
discussions of backpatching this file.

Вложения