Re: Clarification to pg_upgrade docs on reverting to old cluster

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Clarification to pg_upgrade docs on reverting to old cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Apr  5, 2019 at 02:23:22PM +0000, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> On Friday, April 5, 2019 2:26 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>     but wouldn't it sound better with "in this case" than "at this point"? And
>     as a really small nitpick, restore from backup, rather than backups?
>

> Agreed.
>

>     The third bulletpoint also seems quite complicated really. If we're
>     tweaking these, wouldn't it be better if we split that one in two -- one
>     for "if you ran it without --link", that should reallyi be listed above any
>     of the other options?
>

> Looking at it closer I tend to agree, and updated the patch to split this up in
> an attempt to make it a bit clearer for newcomers to pg_upgrade. How about the
> attached version?

I agree that current paragraph is terrible --- it is too dense and
confusing.  I liked your sub-bullets.  I adjusted your patch to tighten
the language, and reordered the entries to appear in the order the
actions would be performed.

Updated patch attached.

Вложения