Re: Documentation does not cover multiple WITH in one query

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Documentation does not cover multiple WITH in one query
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 09:24:52AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/queries-with.html
>
> Hi. I have found
> [DOC](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/queries-with.html)
>
> it is fine, but did not cover multiple WITH in one query.
>
> I found answer only [here](https://stackoverflow.com/a/38137037/4632019)
>
> May you please add the example:
>
>     WITH table1 AS (...), table2 AS (...) SELECT * FROM table1, table2

Well, the SELECT manual has:

       [ WITH [ RECURSIVE ] with_query [, ...] ]

and with_query is shown as:

       with_query_name [ ( column_name [, ...] ) ] AS ( select | values | insert | update | delete )

This is standard SQL.  I don't think we are going to be able to show
every possible syntax.