Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materializedview?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materializedview?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 02:38:15PM -0700, Rj Ewing wrote:
> I am evaluating postgres for as a datastore for our webapp. We are moving away
> from a triple store db due to performance issues.
>
> Our data model consists of sets of user defined attributes. Approx 10% of the
> attributes tend to be 100% filled with 50% of the attributes having approx 25%
> filled. This is fairly sparse data, and it seems that jsonb or hstore will be
> best for us.
>
> Unfortunately, from my understanding, postres doesn't support fulltext search
> across hstore or jsonb key:values or even the entire document. While this is
> not a deal breaker, this would be a great feature to have. We have been
> experimenting w/ elasticsearch a bit, and particularly enjoy this feature,
> however we don't really want to involve the complexity and overhead of adding
> elasticsearch in front of our datasource right now.

Full text search of JSON and JSONB data is coming in Postgres 10, which
is to to be released in September of this year:

    https://www.depesz.com/2017/04/04/waiting-for-postgresql-10-full-text-search-support-for-json-and-jsonb/