Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: The sizing of HW resources of a physical PG server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 01:25:21PM +0200, Poul Kristensen wrote:
> Hi !
>
> How to size a physical PG server?
>
> What does a physical PG server like concerning HW resources?
> number of cpu's(cache L1 expensive I think, L2 and L3), RAM?

you have to know/understand how large your database, and its active set
will be, and how many queries you need to run concurrently/per-second.

once you have this information - you can establish some minimums.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/