Re: Thanks to pg_upgrade,. we'll reclaim 1.4T of total disk !!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Thanks to pg_upgrade,. we'll reclaim 1.4T of total disk !!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:36:46PM -0500, Jerry Sievers wrote:
> Still, the discovery was rather shocking and a couple hours of
> investigation ensude to explain the matter.
>
> Oh, and those 700G of space was actual logged table data, not temp or
> UNlogged, ergo our standby system is likewise bloated by this amount.
>
> When we do the rescheduled upgrade thus we'll be saving 1.4T. OH yeah
> baby!!

This is on our TODO list since at least 2006:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

    Check for unreferenced table files created by transactions that were
    in-progress when the server terminated abruptly
    https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/200606081508.k58F85m29270@candle.pha.pa.us