Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Metin Doslu wrote:

> When we send concurrent Select queries to these tables, query performance
> doesn't scale out with the number of CPU cores. We find that complex Select
> queries scale out better than simpler ones. We also find that increasing
> the block size from 8 KB to 32 KB, or increasing shared_buffers to include
> the working set mitigates the problem to some extent.

Maybe you could help test this patch:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20131115194725.GG5489@awork2.anarazel.de

От: Metin Doslu
Сообщение: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers
От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Select query performance and shared buffers