Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away.

От Frank Lanitz
Тема Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:35:32 -0500
Shaun Thomas <sthomas@optionshouse.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> This is pretty embarrassing, but I've never seen this before. This is
> our system's current memory allocation from 'free -m':
>
>               total       used       free     buffers     cached
> Mem:         72485      58473      14012           3      34020
> -/+ buffers/cache:      24449      48036
>
> So, I've got 14GB of RAM that the OS is just refusing to use for disk
> or page cache. Does anyone know what might cause that?

Maybe it's not needed? What make you think the OS shall allocate all the
memory?
--
Frank Lanitz <frank@frank.uvena.de>

Вложения

От: Shaun Thomas
Сообщение: Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away.
Сообщение: Re: Tons of free RAM. Can't make it go away.