Re: Pg 8.3.x on RHEL 6.3?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Pg 8.3.x on RHEL 6.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 01:05:12PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 10/11/2012 05:15 AM, Rosser Schwarz wrote:
> >In preparation for that effort, I've been asked to avail myself of the
> >collective experience and wisdom of the wider community to see if
> >anyone has seen anything unexpected, or any kind of misbehavior in
> >running 8.3 on RHEL 6.3.
>
> I've not noticed any reports of issues specific to RHEL 6 on any
> version of Pg here, and would be surprised if any issues were to
> occur.
>
> Consider retaining your old server for a little while, running as a
> warm standby with log shipping. In the exceedingly unlikely case
> that you do run into issues you can fail back to the old server.
>
> Migrating from 8.3 to 9.1 or 9.2 isn't a big hurdle, since you're
> already past the implicit-casts-from-text stuff. About the only
> thing really likely to bite you is the bytea_output change to hex,
> and that's a trivial postgresql.conf change if you want to preserve
> the old behaviour while fixing code.
>
> I can understand not wanting to undertake it at the same time as a
> hardware change, but you should probably schedule it for sooner
> rather than later and start testing on the new version once you're
> on the updated OS & HW.

Also, we expect all users to perform all minor upgrades.  All fixes are
not listed in the release notes, and we don't expect anyone to re-test
after a minor upgrade, considering the criteria we use in adding
anything to a minor release;  see this:

    http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Сообщение: Re: 9.2 won't load C-language function
Сообщение: Re: 9.2 won't load C-language function