what Linux to run

От
Тема what Linux to run
Дата
Re: what Linux to run
Список pgsql-general
Our application runs on Windows, however we have been told that we can
pick any OS to run our server on.  I'm thinking Linux because from
everything I've read, it appears to be a better on performance and there
are other features like tablespaces which we could take advantage of.
On our hosted solution, the application runs in a Software as a Service
model and being able to keep each companies tables in their own table
space would be nice.  Additionally it appears that there are a lot more
ways to tune the engine if we need to than under windows, plus the
capability to hold more connections.

If we move to Linux, what is the preferred Linux for running Postgres
on.  This machine would be dedicated to the database only.

I'd like a recommendation for both a GUI hosted version and a non-GUI
version.  I haven't used Linux in the past but did spend several year s
in a mixed Unix and IBM mainframe environment at the console level.

Best Regards,

Michael Gould
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC
904-226-0978