Re: SSD options, small database, ZFS

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SSD options, small database, ZFS
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
https://github.com/gregs1104/**stream-scaling<https://github.com/gregs1104/stream-scaling>forthe code and the samples.

> > --
> > Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    greg@2ndQuadrant.com   Baltimore, MD
> > PostgreSQL Training, Services, and 24x7 Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us
> >

> Greg
>
> On a slightly unrelated note, you had once (
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-08/msg00944.php) said to
> limit shared_buffers max to 8 GB on Linux and leave the rest for OS
> caching. Does the same advice hold on FreeBSD systems too?

Hard to say.  We don't know why this is happening but we are guessing it
is the overhead of managing over one million shared buffers.  Please
test and let us know.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: SSD options, small database, ZFS