Re: ANTI-JOIN needs table, index scan not possible?

От Kenneth Marshall
Тема Re: ANTI-JOIN needs table, index scan not possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 06:54:39PM +0100, hans wulf wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> so there's no way around this problem? A nice index bitmap merge thing would be super fast. Big table ANTI JOIN
querieswith only a few results expected, are totally broken, if this is true.

> This way the query breaks my neck. This is a massive downside of postgres which makes this kind of query impossible.
Mysqlgives you the answer in a few seconds :-(

Super! I am glad that MySQL can meet your needs. No software is
perfect and you should definitely chose based on your use-case.

Regards,
Ken

От: "hans wulf"
Сообщение: Re: ANTI-JOIN needs table, index scan not possible?
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: ANTI-JOIN needs table, index scan not possible?