How to recover a postgres installation from files

От Anibal Acosta
Тема How to recover a postgres installation from files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.

I have a not bootable Windows Server with Postgres 8.1; now I am trying to recover it but as I can't boot the windows;
Ican't  start the postgres service and I can't do a "Backup"
So; I only have the postgres directory on my hands. I decide to install the same database version in another computer
andreplace DATA directory; but I notice that 8.1 (windows binary) is not available for download.

So; I don't know how to recover the database from the data directory of a windows postgres 8.1 installation.

Can you help me?

Сообщение: Re: Best Linux filesystem for Postgres data store ?
Сообщение: Re: Best Linux filesystem for Postgres data store ?