Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday 02 February 2010 20:06:32 Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > For now it could - but it very well might be converted to sync_file_range
> > or similar, which would have different "sideeffects".
> >
> > As the potential code duplication is rather small I would prefer to
> > describe the prime effect not the sideeffects...
>
> Hmm, in that case, I think the problem is that this function has no
> comment explaining its intended charter.
I agree there. Greg, do you want to update the patch with some comments or
shall I?

Andres

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Re: Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync (was 8.4.1 ubuntu karmic slow createdb)
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Personal Copyright Notices