Re: backing up a PostGRES DB

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: backing up a PostGRES DB
Список pgsql-admin

loss.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Richard Sickler
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:14 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] backing up a PostGRES DB

Hello,

I'm putting together a web app that uses PostGRES as a backend and I'm
looking for comments on backup strategy.
The entire web app, (Tomcat and PostGRES), will be run in a virtual machine.
I was thinking about quiescing the DB, then copying the files that make up
the virtual machine to some network attached backup store.  This will be
done once a day.
I ask this august body, based on your experiences, does this sound like a
reasonable plan, or would doing something like running pgdump be better, or
????
Thanks for the help one and all.

Rich S.