Re: request for sponsors page

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: request for sponsors page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:
> > In my opinion, for individuals, it is recognition;  for companies it is
> > advertizing.
>
> we're recognizing those companies who help make postgresql what it is
> today :-)

Agreed, but does it make sense to mix that into a technical list of
features?  I like it in the press release and release announcement, but
not in the technical list;  it seems inappropriate there.

> > I think company names would be ugly after a while.  And
> > what do you do for people who work and are sponsored by companies?  Put
> > both the company name and author?  Frankly I would rather remove all the
> > names from the release notes before making them longer with both.
> >

> yeah, I would listed the person next to the feature (as we do now), and then
> add a section to the bottom noting "companies who contributed to this release
> include:"  and then have a list of companies. Personally I don't think it
> would be that bad, and might encourage companies to sponsor more work. But if
> no one else thinks so, no worries, was just an idea.

Well, a list at the bottom does sound pretty clean, though I can see the
list being quite long.  How do we even collect these names, particularly
for employers that give work time to employees for open source
development?

Personally I think companies read announcements, not release notes,
which is why I would like our efforts concentrated there.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: