Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence

От Miernik
Тема Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence
Дата
Ответ на how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence  (Miernik <public@public.miernik.name>)
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, my guess is that by running under Xen you're already sacrificing
> quite a bit of performance, and running it with only 48 Megs of ram is
> making it even worse.  But if your budget is $100 a year, I guess
> you're probably stuck with such a setup.  I would see if you can get a
> trial Xen at the other hosts with 128M or more of memory and compare.

Is running in a 48 MB Xen any different in terms of performance to
running on a hardware 48 MB RAM machine?

I see that I am not the only one with such requirements, one guy even
set up a site listing all VPS providers which host for under 7$ per
month: http://www.lowendbox.com/virtual-server-comparison/
You can see that the most you can get for that money is a 128 MB OpenVZ
I wonder if running PostgreSQL on OpenVZ is any different to running it
on Xen in terms of performance.

Oh here is something more:
http://vpsempire.com/action.php?do=vpslite
256 MB for 7.45$ per month
512 MB for 11.95$ per month
however it doesn't say what is the virtualization software, so don't
really know what it is.

--
Miernik
http://miernik.name/

Сообщение: Re: how to fix problem then when two queries run at the same time, it takes longer to complete then if run in sequence