Re: Help Postgresql to start on Suse 10.2

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: Help Postgresql to start on Suse 10.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The Postgresql version which comes with Suse 10.2 actually is 8.2.6.
If there is no reason to downgrade I would recommend to use 8.2.6 or at least
the latest from the 8.1.x version which is 8.1.11 actually.

You did not write what package exactly you installed, but I assume it is not a
Suse RPM.  So you most probably have to initdb first. See chapter 16.2 of the
usermanual about details. If you use the Suse RPM install and start the
server with the script under /etc/rc.d the system would take care doing the
initdb for you.

Best regards
Ivo
Am Montag, 21. April 2008 11.18:59 schrieb Monalee Bhandge:
> Dear,
> I am thinking to shift my software Axbo7.1 (see
> http://axbo.co.in/ )
> to postgresql from mysql.
> I have Suse 10.2 operating system in my organization.I
> install version 8.1.5-13 successfuly.
> but when I start server as------------>
> pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
> then error is----------------->
> postmaster started.
> Could not open directory "base" No such file or
> directory.
>
> If you can't help then give any of address from whom I
> can get help.
>
> MOnalee Bhandge.
> Database Administrator.
> Sungrace Infotech.

>_________ Be a better friend, newshound, and

Сообщение: Re: Help Postgresql to start on Suse 10.2
Сообщение: Re: Help Postgresql to start on Suse 10.2