Re: New email list for emergency communications

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: New email list for emergency communications
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:47:03 -0700 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I have IRC ops too.  But I am really looking for something that notifies
> > me that there is a problem, rather than having me go looking for
> > information.  If email is down, people should be able to subscribe to
> > alerts and status reports.
>
> Nagios can be very noisy, however we could have a "status" email list
> that nagios sent to. I warn you though, it can be very... very noisy.

A filter can be very effective here ;-)
At least ppl cannot blame someone that they don't get information about
a problem.

So if nagios is noisy it's up to the receiver to handle the messages.

Kind regards

P.S.: and yes, i know, how noisy it can be, the sms inbox on my mobile
tells stories - but that's better than not knowing what's going on.

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: New email list for emergency communications
Сообщение: Re: New email list for emergency communications