Re: New email list for emergency communications

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > I would like the requirements defined by the -www and sysadmins teams.
> > I don't want us to go off and create yet more infrastructure without
> > full documentation and understanding of the purpose and whether it is
> > redundant.
> >
> > This list is currently redundant as we have the resources and
> > technology already in place to deal with this. I think you are
> > attacking the wrong problem Bruce.
>
> For how often it happens, its worth nothing: I agree 100% with Joshua
> here, but, if Bruce wants to create a list on his personal domain (which,
> in itself is a failure point as it requires that *his* domain is not 100%
> perfect), it doesn't mean that anyone actually has to *use* it ... I know
> I never will, since there already exist faster, more reliable, contact
> methods ...

I think we need a more centralized contact system than we have now.
Personally when I don't get email I am unsure who to contact (because
community email is down).  The email list was a method to centralize
that.  The list of possible contact methods listed confirms my point.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: