pgsql-committers list is misconfigured

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pgsql-committers list is misconfigured
Дата
Re: pgsql-committers list is misconfigured
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

Again a message to pgsql-committers went unsent.  Bruce committed
changes to several README files, and I didn't get the email and it's not
on the archives either:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-03/
(I guess it's somewhere on Maia's queue.)  For example see rev 1.5 here:
http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/access/gin/README

Also, I sent an email with a fake @pgfoundry.org address this morning,
and it passed without requiring moderator approval.  Also, I added a
X-No-Archive header to avoid having the test message appearing on the
archives, but to no effect -- the message is there all right:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-03/msg00393.php

I think the idea here is that any pgfoundry.org address passes through
unmolested to allow the pgfoundry projects to publish their changes to
pgsql-committers.  I think this is a mistake, and others have vouched
against this idea too (most notably Peter Eisentraut.)

Finally, and what prompted this test message, was the fact that Heikki
committed a patch this morning and his message got stuck in the
moderation queue.  I wonder how smart it is to be letting @pgfoundry.org
mails unchecked, but have @postgresql.org addresses filtered ... ??

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updated SummerofCode.html
Сообщение: Re: Updated SummerofCode.html