Re: Email not searchable in our archives

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Дата
Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> I am wondering if we should bail out of Mhonarc all together. Do we
> actually need it? We have the actual mbox files right? Couldn't we
> build our own parser for whatever?
>
> As a note, mailman also uses mbox files. We could try its archive
> generation capability.

Mailman archives are just as crappy, if not crappier.  And they know it.
It's based on Hypermail; I note that Hypermail's latest version happened
on 2003.  The Mailman guys are rethinking the issue; see
http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/ModernArchiving

Somebody suggests Lurker as one alternative:
http://lurker.sourceforge.net/

It is a very different interface.  Perhaps we could try it as an
experiment.  I have seen the Debian lists under it and it feels really
martian.

I don't want to lose Mhonarc, at least not for the moment.  It is
powerful and customizable and has served us reasonably well for a very
long time.  (Longer than most of us, actually.)

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Сообщение: Re: Email not searchable in our archives