Re: An actually *useful* mail-list message footer

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: An actually *useful* mail-list message footer
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > The bit that's wrong about this URL is that it's not specific to the
> > pgsql-www list -- it's a general form for all lists; the "extra=foo"
> > stuff is being ignored.  I don't understand why you got a 404 for Greg's
> > URL.  Are you sure you didn't mis-paste it?  I tried on a private web
> > session to make sure there are no cookies or open sessions, at it works
> > well for me.  It can also be made shorter easily (because we don't use
> > the virtual domain stuff):
> >
> > http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr/?func=lists-long-full&extra=pgsql-www
>
> At the risk of giving myself more work ;-), perhaps we should refer to some
> place on our main website that just does a redirect? That'll at least look
> prettier for the user. Something like
> http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/unsub?pgsql-www or like that? Hmm. Maybe
> it's not all that much nicer looking...

I have now realized the Postgres FAQ was lacking in providing
unsubscribe information, and in not promoting the use of eliminatecc and
selfcopy for people who want it.  I have added a new FAQ item:
1.15) How do I unsubscribe from the PostgreSQL email lists? How do Iavoid receiving duplicate emails?The PostgreSQL
Majordomo<URL> page allows subscribing orunsubscribing from any of the PostgreSQL email lists. (You mightneed to have
yourMajordomo password emailed to you to log in.)All PostgreSQL email lists are configured so a group reply goes to
theemaillist and the original email author. This is done so users receivethe quickest possible email replies. If you
wouldprefer not to receiveduplicate email from the list in cases where you already receive anemail directly, check
eliminateccfrom the Majordomo Change Settingspage. You can also prevent yourself from receiving copies of emails
youpostto the lists by unchecking selfcopy.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: An actually *useful* mail-list message footer
Сообщение: Re: An actually *useful* mail-list message footer