CORRECTION to msg 'loading same instance of dump to two different servers simultaneously'

От Susan Russo
Тема CORRECTION to msg 'loading same instance of dump to two different servers simultaneously'
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
SORRY -

these are the commands (i.e. pgserver-A  and pgserver-B)

======

Hi -
I'm wondering if anyone has had success doing a simultaneous
load of one Pg dump to two different servers?  The load command
is actually run from two different workstations, but reading the
same pgdump-file.

We use this command from the command line (Solaris-10 OS):

uncompress -c pgdump-filename.Z | psql -h pgserver-A  pg-dbname

and, likewise wonder if we can run the same command on another
workstation, but reading the SAME 'pgdump-filename.Z'
to load onto ANOTHER server ('pgserver-B'), i.e.:

uncompress -c pgdump-filename.Z | psql -h pgserver-B pg-dbname

=====