Re: Fair large change to contributors

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Fair large change to contributors
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > /note I am not arguing this change just stating what I did.
> > I made the
> > change because Bruce brought it up and it makes the page a lot simpler.
>
> Please remove that part of the patch ... Bruce's opinion does not reflect the
> rest of Core's, it was just his opinion ...
>
> ... even with Bruce's opinion about how little Core does (another thing that
> does'nt reflect the rest of Core's opinion), those "confidential company
> contacts" need to know we exist, and having to search for the string 'core' in
> all of the active contributors seems to be a negative approach to this ...

Here is my post asking if the core section was necessary:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-11/msg01234.php

It is true my description of core as incomplete, as it didn't list
confidential security and tarball creation.

However, having core at the top might imply that core does most of the
work for this project, which I don't think is true.

One idea would be to list the core members at the top in one sentence,
and have their details below.  But maybe core-at-the-top is the best of
our possible options.

http://postgres.enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: