Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 16:35 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >
> > > In general, I'd say the postgresql.org mailservers shouldn't accept any
> > > mail (unauthenticated) that's from an @postgresql.org address. But IIRC
> > > someone was still relaying unauthenticated mail through there the last
> > > time I proposed that :-)
> >
> > I'm not sure what you're saying here.  In your enhanced world, if I send
> > an email from alvherre@postgresql.org to a pg list and relay it through
> > a Command Prompt server, will it bounce?
>
> Yes.

Hmm.  I'm trying to figure out if I can configure my MTA to relay mail
delivered by alvherre@postgresql.org using a different server than any
other email.

(I think it's rather trivial to do with GUI email clients.  Just set
your "identity" to point to the other SMTP server.)

If that can be made to work, then what we need is to set up SMTP AUTH in
a postgresql.org server.  Is that workable?  (Do we already have SMTP
AUTH somewhere?)

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
Syntax error: function hell() needs an argument.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Сообщение: Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?