Re: [ADMIN] "global/pg_control": Permission denied

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [ADMIN] "global/pg_control": Permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Broersma Jr wrote:
> --- On Thu, 11/15/07, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > My desktop (acting as a db-server for my discipline's
> > group) has it power cycled this morning at 4:10
> > C:\Program
> > Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin>2007-11-15 06:36:13
> > PANIC:  could not open control file
> > "global/pg_control": Permission denied
>
> Does anyone have any comments on how to restore db operation after
> encounter this failure?  Do I need to go as far have re-installing
> Postgres and restoring from a dump?

What is the problem with the file?  Why is it not accessible to
Postgres?

My guess is that something (antivirus?) was messing with the file when
the system died.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
Y dijo Dios: "Que sea Satanás, para que la gente no me culpe de todo a mí."

Сообщение: Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs
Сообщение: Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs