Re: Catalog insertion

От Carmen Martinez
Тема Re: Catalog insertion
Дата
Re: Catalog insertion  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Catalog insertion  (Steve Holdoway <steve.holdoway@firetrust.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
I want to insert new tables in the pg_catalog schema. So I have to execute a common create table sentence like "Create Table pg_catalog.newTable ....", but I am not allowed to do that and I do not know why.

Following I show one of the sentences I execute and the error messages

One of the tables I try to create is:

CREATE TABLE pg_catalog.COL_LIST ( OBJ OID NOT NULL, COL OID NOT NULL, T_TYPE numeric(1)  NOT NULL, LEN numeric(2)  NOT NULL, COM varchar(100) ,  PRIMARY KEY  (OBJ, COL) ,  CONSTRAINT LEN_TOO_LONG_IN_COL_LIST CHECK (LEN>=1 AND LEN<=10),  CONSTRAINT TYPE_MUST_BE_1_2_o_3 CHECK (T_TYPE=1 OR T_TYPE=2 OR T_TYPE=3))

ERROR: permission denied to create "pg_catalog.col_list"
DETAIL:  System catalog modifications are currently disallowed.

Thanks

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> escribió:
Carmen Martinez escribió:
> Hello,
> I am trying to include new tables in the PG catalog. Also, I am doing
> that using the JDBC interface in a Java program. But when I connect to
> de Postgress template1 database and I execute the CREATE TABLE
> sentence an error message appears saying: "System catalog
> modifications are currently disallowed".
>
> Please, I need help to know how to allow to modify the system catalog .

What CREATE TABLE exactly?

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"No hay cielo posible sin hundir nuestras raíces

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com