Re: Help me find a suitable replication solution

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Help me find a suitable replication solution
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 08:15:35AM +0800, Yuan HOng wrote:
> sites shall update these tables, and the link is over a WAN, it seems
> the most appropriate replication solution would be a multi-master,
> asynchronous solution.

Yes, that would be best.

> be to use a separate table for order on web server and replicate it
> back to inhouse server. But then I have two tables for order, which
> will make the applicate much complicated.

Yep.

> Finding no suitable soluiton for my case, I am wondering whether I
> have made a mistake in my database design. Havent' others experienced
> similiar situation as I do? Or do I have some misunderstanding of the
> capabilities of the existing solutions? Am I overlooking something?

There simply isn't anything that implements this now.  It's possible
to bodge it up using Slony, as you point out, but that makes things
more complicated.  If you need this now, though, that's your only
option AFAIK.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Unfortunately reformatting the Internet is a little more painful
than reformatting your hard drive when it gets out of whack.
        --Scott Morris