pg_live announcement

От Robert Bernier
Тема pg_live announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
Hi all,

I've made an application on the postgres announcement page but I'm also passing on this information via email.

I'm announcing the latest version of pg_live which is now available for download.

cheers

Robert

===================================
A N O U N C E M E N T

Pg_live is a free Linux Live CD community project. It is an enhanced adaptation of one of the Ubuntu family of
distributions,known as Xubuntu, and has been designed and optimized expressly for the PostgreSQL Database administrator
andenthusiast.

Pg_live is designed to introduce to both the general public and the experienced DBA to the possibilities of PostgreSQL.
Originallycreated for OSCON 2004, pg_live development continues and is used today as a teaching aid and as a marketing
toolfor the community at conferences and tech-shows throughout the world.

Describing all of what pg_live contains would make for a very long and boring announcement. Therefore, I'll try to give
asbrief and as descriptive a breakdown of what it has.

The pg_live Live CD uses an xcfe GUI environment. It boots, by default, with three active services: a PHP enable Apache
webserver,SSH and of course a running instance of PostgreSQL.

The PostgreSQL server has been precompiled with the following procedural languages: plpgsql, plperl, pltcl, plpython,
plruby,pljava and plr.

SLONY replication, and connection pooling via pgpool is present.

As can be inferred by the procedural languages, pg_live also contains a number of programming environments with the
relevantconnectivity libraries permitting access into postgres i.e. R, tcl, python, perl and java (JDBC).

Three clients are present: psql, pgadmin3 and phppgadmin.

Finally, pg_live has thousands of pages of reference documentation, both in English and in French. These include the
defaultpostgres references as well as a number of diverse howto's.

Thanks to the kind support from the New York City BSD User Group (NYCBUG, which is pronounced "Nice-Bug") you can
downloadpg_live at http://www.nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=Library;SUBM=10101

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: