Re: Email issues unanswered

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Email issues unanswered
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 05:46:34PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > First, I would a fix for the bug that multi-line subjects are truncated
> > to their first line.
>
> Which is correct according to the RFCs

Well, that depends on what you mean by "multi-line".  If what you
mean is "has a CRLF embedded in it to begin with", then I think
you're correct, because RFC 2822 section 2.2.3 says
  Each header field is logically a single line of characters  comprising the field name, the colon, and the field
body.

_But_ if you mean "too long for the standard 78 characters per line",
though, you're mistaken.  Please see RFC 2822 section 2.2.3 for more.

Andrew "RFC weenie" Sullivan

--
Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Information security isn't a technological problem.  It's an economics